Maintaining your carpet is not an easy task as you think. You must analyze the carpet fiber and its nature before starting the cleaning. Mostly vacuuming and steam cleaning is the best option for all kind of carpets. Here we provide guidelines for carpet cleaning, how to remove the stains by using the homemade cleaning solutions, and how to prepare carpet freshener on your own.
Carpet Cleaning Guidelines
- Carpet should be cleaned by using a vacuum or steam cleaner twice a week to maintain the lifetime of the carpet and its fibers. It helps to prevent dust build-up. Spend more time on the frequent traffic areas, so there will be chances of more stains and build-up. While vacuuming divides the whole carpet area into four portions and then handle the cleaning process.
- Apply crisscross vacuuming patterns for the areas where you find more traffic.
- If there are any accidental food spills, spend more time to handle and use baking soda to remove those spills.
- Before Vacuuming brush your carpet in a circular motion to eliminate any kind of debris or hairs from the carpet. Even a used old toothbrush is enough.
- And the most important factor while treating with stains, if possible, do immediate clean before the stains set into the carpet fabrics. Also, while cleaning the stains don’t rub the spot. Instead of rubbing soak the place with the help of any stain removal spray and gently remove the stains without affecting the fibers.
- To avoid spreading of stains gently dap the portion. Apply some cleaning liquid on cloth or sponge and start dapping on the carpet wherever you spot the stains.
- In winter try to clean your carpet with the help of powdery snows, that gives better result by removing all stains and make your carpet to look better.
- After the cleaning makes the carpet to dry well. This will prevent the creation of mold and fungus on your carpet.
- Try to use warm water when you handle the cleaning without using a steam cleaner.
Homemade carpet cleaning
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Corn flour
You can easily prepare homemade cleaning solutions with the help of kitchen products you are having in your house.
Mix ½ cup of baking soda with the warm water and mix well, transfer this liquid into the spray bottle and you can use it as a stain remover.
Also, you can mix white vinegar and lime solution in boiling water and pour this liquid wherever you spot the stains. Give a gently rub to get rid of the stains.
Homemade carpet Refresher
Here we gave some idea of carpet refreshing to get rid of bad odor.
- Lavender oil
- Baking soda
With the help of these ingredients, you can easily prepare carpet freshener by your own Mix rosemary and lavender oil in boiling water and spray gently on the carpet before vacuum. This will help to eliminate bad smell and pet’s unpleasant odors. Quick Cleaning Services team in London will help you with cleaning the carpets in the best possible way and leave your place clean & tidy